Asthma is a condition in which your airways narrow and swell and produce extra mucus. This can make breathing difficult and trigger coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
For some people, asthma is a minor nuisance. For others, it can be a major problem that interferes with daily activities and may lead to a life-threatening asthma attack.
- Exposure to tobacco or wood smoke
- Breathing polluted air
- Inhaling other respiratory irritants such as perfumes or cleaning products
- Exposure to airway irritants at the workplace
- Breathing in allergy-causing substances (allergens) such as molds, dust, or animal dander
- An upper respiratory infection, such as a cold, flu, sinusitis, or bronchitis
- Exposure to cold, dry weather
- Emotional excitement or stress
- Physical exertion or exercise
- Reflux of stomach acid known as gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD
- Sulfites, an additive to some foods and wine; and menstruation. (In some, not all, women, asthma symptoms are closely tied to the menstrual cycle.)
Our treatment Approach
During your first visit to Ayush Kerala Ayurveda, one of our highly skilled Doctors will carefully examine your Medical History and physical state. Based upon the information gathered, our doctor will recommend an integrated treatment plan, Medicines and diet designed to best help you.